European research and innovation hub on urban matters and create European solutions by means of coordinated research. The aim is to create attractive, sustainable and economically viable urban areas, in which European citizens, communities and their surroundings can thrive.
Since 2012, JPI Urban Europe has launched annual calls addressing specific areas and priorities in the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA). In 2019 the programme launched it’s updated agenda SRIA 2.0 with the long-term vision to address urban policy and sustainable urbanization with robust knowledge from the latest research, innovation and policy developments and debates. Until today more than 80 projects have been funded and 80 Mill EUR granted. Currently two calls are open for proposals, one on Urban Accessibility and Connectivity and one on Urban Migration.
- JPI Urban Europe Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) 2.0 - https://jpi-urbaneurope.eu/app/uploads/2019/02/SRIA2.0.pdf
- JPI Urban Europe Facts and Figures - https://jpi-urbaneurope.eu/app/uploads/2019/09/Leaflet-JPI-UE-4P.pdf
- Towards 100 Positive Energy Districts and Neighbourhoods Leaflet- https://jpi-urbaneurope.eu/app/uploads/2019/09/PEN-Leaflet-190924.pdf
- Joint Programming Initiatives – Driving Research and Innovation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KQ0Sd6AVQ8&t=6s
- Project database with JPI Urban Europe's 80+ projects - https://jpi-urbaneurope.eu/projects/